Click on images below for larger views.
This car has been sold and has a new owner. Look for an update in the future.
1960 Chrysler 300F. This is a running, driving, original number matching, Chrysler 300F. I have a clear title in my name. The car was originally white in color. The engine sounds good and doesn't have any unusual noises. The transmission shifts easily and the car drives, but needs brake work. The power windows, power seats, power steering, work. The body has some dents and dings, but is not badly rusted. The car has been sitting for several years, and the gas tank needs to be cleaned or replaced. The interior is original and complete, but shows some wear. Please look closely at all of the photos. The car needs to be restored, but could be a driver with very little work.
I want to new owner to know exactly what they are getting. With this in mind, I will try to list all of the problems I have found:
Again, please look closely at all of the photos. I want the new owner to be satisfied with this rare Chrysler 300F. Only 947 1960 Chrysler 300F Coupes were produced and only a few remain. If you have any questions, or concerns, please give me a call. My phone number is (801) 745-5835. I'm not a car dealer. I'm a 75 year old car-nut that has too many projects. I will gladly help the shipper you select in shipping the Chrysler anywhere in the world. It is a solid car that needs to be restored. I want this to be a good, straightforward, auction. If you have less than 5 positive feedbacks, please message me or give me a call before bidding.
- I went over the entire body with a magnet to determine rust and bondo issues. The body is very solid and the frame is in very good condition. There are old body repairs to the driver's side just rear of the door. Bondo was used for the repair rather than straightening the metal. There is solid metal in this location that could be corrected. The doors, trunk, and hood all open and close properly and have good alignment. It is only surface rust that is exposed. The rockers need to be repaired, and there is other minor dents and scratches in the body. There is replacement chrome for the passenger's side that comes with the car. All of the unique 300F badges are in place, but some of the plastic inserts need to be replaced.
- The Chrysler has been sitting for several years, and the gas tank needs to be cleaned or replaced. I have been running and moving the car by using an auxiliary gas tank. I didn't want to risk bad gas being pumped into the fuel pump or carburetors. The engine starts easily, sounds good, and has the original cross-flow intake manifolds and four barrel carburetors.
- The interior is original, and shows some wear. The original steering wheel has broken plastic, and the door panels are tattered. There is a crack in the dash pad, and the carpets are worn. The interior appears to be complete and the headliner looks good. All of the windows are in place and the power door windows work good. The rear rear power windows need work. All of the glass is in pretty good condition. The front windshield has scratches from worn out wiper blades, but it is not cracked.
- The car has all four original 300F hubcaps, but currently has almost new tires on 15 inch rims. The original 14 inch hubcaps don't fit the 15 inch wheels.
- The trunk lock was removed by the previous owner when the key was lost. The original trunk mat is tattered, but the trunk floor is not rusted.
This site and all contents, unless otherwise specified, are Copyright © , Nick's Garage, all rights reserved.
Any comments or suggestions can be sent to .